BOOK your FREE tickets for this event by clicking on the website link above.
Combining sobering truths with seriously good solutions, this workshop is all about the everyday opportunities we have today to make changes to our household’s and communities’ carbon footprint.
This is an important how to moment; where we can change the conversation from doom and gloom to hope and inspiration by reducing our own emissions and increasing our drawdown of carbon. Join us for this free, informative and powerful workshop – and chose the actions that will inspire you!
Come along to Talking Climate and:
- Understand how our planet’s climate is changing with new climate science
- Get a clear picture of the global solutions and practical steps on how to apply them at a local level
- See how your actions fit into the big picture of collective change
- Connect and learn with likeminded community members.
Facilitator: Erika Van Schellebeck is a local sustainability education and engagement consultant at Eco Engage with over 20 years experience working with communities to help them achieve environmental outcomes.
She has written climate change policy for local government and since 2019 has been leading the climate emergency response for the NSW Chapter of the Australian Association for Environmental Education (AAEE NSW).
In 2020 she trained as a Climate Reality Leader under former U.S Vice President Al Gore and wrote the AAEE NSW climate communication guide 10 Communication Tips to Change the Climate Story…and be a climate leader during your day job.
*Important* COVID-19 Booking Details:
1. All our workshops are held out of doors and are strictly limited numbers. Please register tickets for all attendees including children.
2. Please remember to adhere to COVID19 regulations and physical distancing when partaking in a Living Lightly activity. If you do register for a ticket and are not feeling well on the day of the workshop, please consider your community by informing our Coordinator and by not attending.
3. If you have visited any COVID-19 hotspots in the previous 14 days or have had contact with anyone who is from a hotspot location, we kindly ask that you attend one of our workshop at a later date or view our online content.
4. When attending our workshop, your Community Garden host will provide hand sanitiser and will ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
Accessibility: Parking : Paved pathways: Ramp: Elevator; Refillable water: Accessible toilets.
Contact the event organiser
Type Community Diary
Format Classes, Lessons, Workshops and Talks