What is Playgroup?
Playgroups are an informal session where mums, dads, grandparents, carers, children and babies meet together each week in a relaxed environment. At Playgroup, families are given the opportunity to connect with other families in their local communities, to share knowledge, seek advice and gain invaluable support.
Playgroup helps children:
- Participate in new experiences
- Develop and increase their social skills
- Learn about sharing, cooperation and simple routines
- Interact with other adults and children in a safe environment
- Learn more about their world
- Have fun
Playgroup helps adults:
- Meet other local families and develop new friendships
- Relax and talk in a friendly environment
- Share experiences and ideas
- Play with children and nurture their development
- Make connections in their local community
- Have fun
Playgroups all over Queensland have vacancies for new families just like you. To join in a playgroup, you can become a member of Playgroup Queensland or take advantage of our 2 free play sessions first to see which Playgroup suits your family. To find the right Playgroup for your areas, search playgroup now.
This page has been provided by Playgroup Queensland